Health and Safety Representatives in the Workplace
The purpose of this training is to provide students with the information to develop the key skills and knowledge that will enable them to play an active role in the health and safety programme in their organisation.
- Credit Value:2
- Total Duration:2 days
$398.00 includes GST and NZQA registration fees
By the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Explain the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representatives under the Health and Safety Act 2015 and its Regulations.
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers.
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and Worksafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representatives.
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management.
- Describe the purpose, procedures and obligations applicable to a Provision Improvement Notice (PIN) and the right and process for ceasing unsafe work.
- Unit Standard 29315: Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace
- Pre-course reading to be completed by class day