Health and Safety Representatives in the Workplace
Develop the key skills and knowledge that will enable you to play an active role in the health and safety programme in your organisation.
About the course
The purpose of this training is to provide you with the information to develop the key skills and knowledge that will enable you to play an active role in the health and safety programme in your organisation.
Multiple intakes per year. Please enquire for more information.
Method of study
Gain 2 credits including:
- Unit Standard 29315: Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace
By the end of the course the you will be able to:
- Explain the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representatives under the Health and Safety Act 2015 and its Regulations.
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers.
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and Worksafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representatives.
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management.
- Describe the purpose, procedures and obligations applicable to a Provision Improvement Notice (PIN) and the right and process for ceasing unsafe work.
- Pre-course reading to be completed prior to class day
Please click the apply button in the top right-hand corner of this webpage to begin the application process or alternatively, complete the enquiry form below. For help with applications, please contact email@example.com
You will be offered a place subject to meeting the entry and selection requirements and the availability of places on the programme. The Polytechnic reserves the right to not accept late applications, i.e., after the programme has started. The Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel, prior to commencement, any programme which does not attract a minimum number of students. The fees shown are indicative only. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change. For further information visit here.