Tai Poutini Polytechnic is working with NZ’s leading provider of distance and online learning, Open Polytechnic, to expand education options for West Coast learners.
We’re offering learners the best of both worlds: you can study the programmes you want through Open Polytechnic, while still having access to campus facilities and student support services at Tai Poutini Polytechnic campuses.
More study choice and flexibility, with all the benefits of campus-based learning. It doesn’t get any better than that!
When you enrol in Open Polytechnic’s online courses, you’ll also now have access to face-to-face student support at Tai Poutini Polytechnic including:
- use of computers and printers
- our onsite café
- BYOD free wifi
- connections with other learners
- learning support in study skills, literacy and numeracy
- health and wellbeing support
- Māori and Pasifika support
You can see what programmes Open Polytechnic offers here or calling them directly on 0508 486 769.
Simply enrol in your Open Polytechnic course then come to campus to access all the benefits and support above. Just show us your Open Polytechnic student card or login to the Open Polytechnic student portal (MYOP) to show us you are currently studying with them.
How online learning works
Distance learning with Open Polytechnic means they bring the classroom to you. They'll provide you with all your course content so you can study where and when you need. You will also have access to their academic and support staff to guide you through your studies. Read more here.
Frequently asked questions
You can choose to apply for any of the programmes that Open Polytechnic offers. Just make sure you check the details on the website for information about entry requirements or any other requirements. If you’re not sure you can always get in touch with Open Polytechnic and get advice from a Student Advisor.
See this step by step guide on applying to enrol with Open Polytechnic here.
You can show you are an Open Polytechnic learner when visiting any Tai Poutini Polytechnic campus either by:
- Showing your student card or,
- Logging onto the Open Polytechnic Student Portal (MYOP)
Support services include:
Funding information and application assistance, (i.e. StudyLink)
Access to TPP benefits
- computer suite and login (including print access)
- BYOD free wifi
- access to onsite cafeteria
- opportunities for students to connect with other learners
- access to TPP’s Careers Hub for information and advice
- Generic literacy and numeracy assistance
- study skills
- time management
- information and advice for students to meet their basic needs;
- information and advice for students to manage their physical and mental wellbeing
Māori and Pasifika support
- scholarship and grant application assistance
- hapū, iwi and community contacts/links
- mentoring/welfare support
The great thing about studying with the Open Polytechnic is that you can fit your studies around your schedule. Whether that is work, whanau or other commitments. If you'd also like to take advantage of the benefits we can offer you on-campus, we'd love to see you. You can find our campus details here for more information.
Depending on what kind of support you need we may be able to help you on our campus or we can help you to get in touch with the Open Polytechnic’s customer service team to get you the support you need. You can contact them here.
If you need more information about our online options with Open Polytechnic, feel free to contact us or call us on 0800 800 411.