Student Accommodation Village
Where you live makes a big difference to your student experience.
Tai Poutini Polytechnic has an accommodation village available for students studying at our Greymouth Campus. The village is situated in close proximity (200 metres) of the Greymouth campus. This is owned and managed by TPP. Staff members are available to provide support and pastoral care while students are living within the Student Village. Accommodation options for students studying in Westport and Wānaka are listed at the bottom of this page.
Tai Poutini Polytechnic has a duty of pastoral care to all of our students, and specific requirements for residents of our accommodation under the Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021 to ensure that our residents live in a safe environment and have a positive experience that supports their educational achievement and personal development.
Weekly rental is $166.00 per room (inclusive of electricity) for 2024. Upon acceptance of your application, an initial payment of $812.00 is required within five working days to secure your place. This is made up of:
|Two weeks’ rent in advance||$332.00|
|Administration Fee (non-refundable)||$130.00|
International students are required to pay the full accommodation amount with their tuition fees.
Fifty-eight rooms are available, consisting of shared housing and single units.
What is supplied?
- Beds - king singles
- Washing machines and dryers (require $2 to operate)
- Communal drying room
- TVs (common areas only)
- All units have a landline for local calls only
- All units are supplied with fridge/freezer, furnishings, microwave, jugs, toaster and basic cooking equipment
What do I have to supply?
- All bedding (duvet, blankets, sheets, pillows, pillowcases), towels, flannels and tea towels
- Insurance to cover personal belongings
- As the accommodation is self-catering, meals are residents’ responsibility
- There is zero tolerance to illegal drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or vaping.
- All residents must be at least 18 years of age.
- Accommodation is self-catering.
- Cleaning equipment is supplied, but residents are required to supply their own cleaning products.
- Residents are expected to respect the House Rules that are published in each house/unit.
- There is limited off-street parking.
- Pets are not permitted.
- All rooms are subject to periodic inspection.
How to apply for a place in Student Accommodation
Please note that we cannot confirm your place in accommodation until you have been accepted onto a programme at Tai Poutini Polytechnic.
As there is limited accommodation available, we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
- Complete the application form which can be found here.
- Arrange for the Referee Form to be completed, which can be found here.
- Email your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will acknowledge receipt of your application.
- Your application will be assessed by the Student Accommodation Committee.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application within 7 working days of receipt of your completed documentation.
- If you are allocated a place, you will be sent the following documents:
Student Accommodation Agreement
Student Accommodation House Rules
Student Accommodation Payment Details
- You then have five working days to return the signed Agreement and pay the Entry Fee Payment to secure your place. Failure to do so may result in your place being allocated to another resident.
- Please send your application and supporting documentation to:
Student Life Administrator
Tai Poutini Polytechnic
73-87 Tainui Street
Tai Poutini Polytechnic
Private Bag 607
If you have any queries about student accommodation, please contact Emily Pointon
Freephone: 0800 800 411
Mobile: 022 010 5822
Student accommodation village
Adjacent to the Greymouth campus and a short walk from the town centre our student accommodation village
offers comfortable accommodation at a reasonable cost. 58 rooms are available, consisting of shared housing and single units.