Confined Space Training
This course will help you gain the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and competently plan and enter a confined space.
Meets Worksafe NZ (formerly DoL) Best Practice Guidance Notes for Working in a Confined Space Including ASNZ Standard 2865:2001
- Credit Value:13
- Location:Auckland, Christchurch, Greymouth, Westport and approved temporary sites
- Method of Study:Short course
- Total Duration:2 days
- Start Date:Multiple intakes per year
- Identifying hazards associated with confined spaces and selecting and establishing controls
- Atmosphere and gas testing equipment, use and records
- Selecting using and maintaining associated safety equipment
- Emergency plans and rescue techniques
Includes assessment and registration of credits for Unit Standards:
- US 17599: Plan a confined space entry
- US 25510: Operate an atmospheric testing device to determine a suitable atmosphere exists to work safely
- US 18426: Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with confined space. Minimum requirement for working in confined space – Worksafe NZ Best Practice Guidelines
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5.
- Experience in a workplace with work procedures for confined spaces.
- Must be physically fit and capable of entering crawl spaces.
Note: Some courses within this programme require specific levels of physical ability and aptitude for working in confined space.
We also offer the 1–day Confined Space Refresher course, recommended every 2 years.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme