Confined Space Training
This course will give you the necessary skills to safely work in a confined space outside of ventilated areas.
**Meets Worksafe NZ (formerly DoL) Best Practice Guidance Notes for Working in a Confined Space Including ASNZ Standard 2865:2001**
- Credit Value:13
- Method of Study:Two day short course
- Start Date:Multiple intakes per year
- Domestic Fee:Please see below
- Domestic Breakdown
- Identifying hazards associated with confined spaces and selecting and establishing controls
- Atmosphere and gas testing equipment, use and records
- Selecting using and maintaining harnesses and associated safety equipment
- Emergency plans and rescue techniques
Includes assessment and registration of credits for Unit Standards:
- US 17599 Plan a confined space entry
- US 25510 Operate an atmospheric testing device to determine a suitable atmosphere exists to work safely
- US 18426 Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with confined space. Minimum requirement for working in confined space – Worksafe NZ Best Practice Guidelines
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5.
Note: Some courses within this programme require specific levels of physical ability and aptitude for working in confined space.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme