Confined Space Training
Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and competently plan and enter a confined space.
About the course
This course will help you gain the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and competently plan and enter a confined space.
Meets Worksafe NZ (formerly DoL) Best Practice Guidance Notes for Working in a Confined Space Including ASNZ Standard 2865:2001
Multiple intakes per year. Please enquire for more information.
Method of study
- Identifying hazards associated with confined spaces and selecting and establishing controls
- Atmosphere and gas testing equipment, use and records
- Selecting using and maintaining associated safety equipment
- Emergency plans and rescue techniques
Gain 13 credits which includes assessment and registration of credits for Unit Standards:
- US 17599: Plan a confined space entry
- US 25510: Operate an atmospheric testing device to determine a suitable atmosphere exists to work safely
- US 18426: Demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated with confined space. Minimum requirement for working in confined space – Worksafe NZ Best Practice Guidelines
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5
- Experience in a workplace with work procedures for confined spaces
- Must be physically fit and capable of entering crawl spaces
Note: Some courses within this programme require specific levels of physical ability and aptitude for working in confined space.
We also offer the 1–day Confined Space Refresher course, recommended every 2 years.
Please click the apply button in the top right-hand corner of this webpage to begin the application process or alternatively, complete the enquiry form below. For help with applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be offered a place subject to meeting the entry and selection requirements and the availability of places on the programme. The Polytechnic reserves the right to not accept late applications, i.e., after the programme has started. The Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel, prior to commencement, any programme which does not attract a minimum number of students. The fees shown are indicative only. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change. For further information visit here.