Suspended Scaffolding (Level 3)
About the course
This Suspended Scaffolding programme provides you with the skills and knowledge to work in positions of responsibility in the scaffolding industry that requires planning to build and building, inspecting and dismantling proprietary suspended scaffolds. Following the completion of this programme you will be able to apply for a Certificate of Competency (CoC) (Suspended).
Multiple intakes per year. Please enquire for more information.
Method of study
- Gain 80 credits - Level 3
- Apply safe work practices while working at heights in accordance with health and safety legislation and the Worksafe Good Practice Guidelines - Scaffolding in New Zealand.
- Load, secure and unload proprietary suspended scaffolding equipment on commercial vehicles.
- Lead a small team to complete proprietary suspended scaffold works.
- Inspect proprietary suspended scaffolding equipment, and erect, alter, dismantle and inspect proprietary suspended scaffold structures, which includes bosun's chairs; and swinging stages.
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles and geometry to calculate imposed loads and counterweights, including factor of safety for proprietary suspended scaffold structures and supporting structures, to meet client requirements.
- Induct users in the inspection and operation of proprietary suspended scaffold installation
Further Study Paths
- This programme of study leads into the New Zealand Certificate in Scaffolding (Level 5), also known as advanced scaffolding.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 or above.
- Applicants must be working in the scaffolding industry or an associated industry using scaffolding.
- It is recommended applicants hold a current first aid certificate.
- Must be physically fit and able to work at heights.
- Special Entry may be granted when evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.
- Cross crediting may be possible for certain overseas qualifications.
Please click the apply button in the top right-hand corner of this webpage to begin the application process or alternatively, complete the enquiry form below. For help with applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be offered a place subject to meeting the entry and selection requirements and the availability of places on the programme. The Polytechnic reserves the right to not accept late applications, i.e., after the programme has started. The Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel, prior to commencement, any programme which does not attract a minimum number of students. The fees shown are indicative only. Both domestic and international fees are subject to change. For further information visit here.