Gain core knowledge, applied skills and personal attributes sought by employers for entry level positions in the agriculture and related industries. On successful completion of this programme you will have working knowledge of farm vehicles and machinery and be able to maintain and operate these in a safe manner. You will also have the knowledge to identify risks and help manage workplace hazards, and perform general farming activities.
- Credit Value:45 credits
- Awards:New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Vehicle, Machinery and Infrastructure)
- Method of Study:Full time, practical on farm work and classroom theory
- Holiday Duration:1 week
- Teaching Duration:14 weeks
- Total Duration:15 weeks
- Start Date:February 2020
- End Date:June 2020
Free fees may apply, refer to www.tpp.ac.nz/freefees
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$1,857
- Course Cost:$541
- NZQA Fee:$77
- First aid
- Health and safety
- 2 wheel motorbikes
- Tractor driving
- Weed control
- Stock handling
Programme Structure and Workload
Fulltime attendance with a mix of practical and theory
Further Study Paths
- Level 4 and higher qualifications relevant to the Primary Industries Sector
- New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Livestock Husbandry)
- Employment in all types of farming operations
- Sectors in the Primary Industries
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of three years at secondary school or completion of NCEA Level 1 or equivalent qualification
- Applicants must be over 16 years of age
Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5 or above.
- None of the units in this programme will be cross-credited from previous courses. If a student can demonstrate prior learning they will still be required to sit the assessment and will be advised to attend the requisite classes.
- Special Entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.