Trying to secure an administration job but struggling to get your foot in the door? Get to the front of the queue by up-skilling with this new practical qualification to become a competent administrator!
Tai Poutini Polytechnic has been developing work-ready graduates for over 20 years. We have built up a strong team of industry experienced tutors who each offer different areas of expertise to lead, motivate and inspire students to ensure their success.
Our modern learning environment will enable you to gain the skills and knowledge to be able to operate business technologies and perform a range of administrative tasks in various office environments. You will learn how to use Microsoft Office effectively and will develop skills in workplace communication, customer service and administration systems.
Gaining excellent business administration and technology skills provides a starting point on a career path that can take you in so many directions. Businesses want people who can use business and digital technology, use a range of software applications, solve problems, work alone and in teams to achieve outcomes, and communicate with others.
- Credit Value:60
- Awards:NZ Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 3)
- Location:Greymouth and Westport
- Method of Study:Full time or part time
- Holiday Duration:2 weeks
- Teaching Duration:18 weeks
- Total Duration:20 weeks
- Start Date:22 July 2019 Greymouth and 29 July 2019 Westport
- End Date:6 December 2019 Greymouth and Westport
Free fees may apply, refer to www.tpp.ac.nz/freefees
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$2,913
- Providing administration and general office services
- Reception and customer service skills
- Use of business and digital technologies and software
- Financial calculations, data processing and production of information for business purposes
- Effective written and oral communication for business
- Working co-operatively within a team to provide administration services
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making for business purposes
- Professional and ethical behaviour, and effective self-management
- Understanding of internal policies, legislation and other external requirements for business
Programme Structure and Workload
This programme combines classroom theory and self directed project work with practical experience in a real-world learning environment. There is flexibility to enable students to enrol part-time so you can fit your learning around existing work or family commitments.
Further Study Paths
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Accounting Support Services) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3)
- Pathway into industry certifications or other Level 3 or 4 qualifications
- Office administrator
- Personal assistant
- Office assistant
- Word processor/data entry operator
- Customer service support
- Accounts receivable officer
- Accounts payable officer
- Support worker
- Front line customer service role
- 10 credits NCEA Level 1 Literacy and 10 credits Level 1 numeracy or evidence of equivalent study / work experience.
- Students will be interviewed prior to enrolling on this programme. This enables staff to counsel students on intended workload, and familiarise them with the programme content and facilities.
- If the number of applicants is greater than the number of places on the programme, then applicants who meet the entry requirements are accepted in the order of submission.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet General or Academic IELTS 5 with no band score lower than 5 or NZQA-approved equivalent.
Special Entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.