Slinging Regular Loads & Directing a Crane
You will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and control hazards in crane operations, safely and competently sling regular loads, and direct a crane in load movements using hand signals and radio communication.
- Credit Value:29
- Location:Greymouth, Westport, Auckland and Christchurch campuses and approved temporary sites.
- Total Duration:4 days
- Dates:Multiple intakes per year
Enquire for more information
Unit Standards in this course include:
- 3789 – Sling regular loads and safely direct a crane during crane operations
- 30072 – Demonstrate and apply knowledge of slinging regular loads safely
Be 16 years or over
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5
- Relevant work experience in a role requiring the preparation of loads for lifting.
- Must be physically fit and capable of working at height
Note: This course requires specific levels of physical ability and aptitude for working at heights.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme