You will develop the knowledge and skills to work safely at height, use a harness and associated equipment and use temporary proprietary height safety systems. Meets Worksafe NZ (formerly DoL) Best Practice Guidance Notes for Working at Heights.
- Credit Value:11
- Location:Auckland, Christchurch, Greymouth, Westport and approved temporary sites
- Method of Study:Two day short course for Fall Arrest and Height Safety
- Total Duration:2 days
$555.00 *Fees are indicative and subject to change for 2021.
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$538
- NZQA Fee:$17
US 15757: Use, install and disestablish temporary proprietary height safety systems when working at height - Worksafe NZ Best Practice Guidelines
US 23229: Use safety harness system when working at height
US 17600: Explain safe work practices for working at heights
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5.
- Relevant work experience required in scaffolding or other at height work.
- Must be physically fit capable of working at height.
Note: Some courses within this programme require specific levels of physical ability and aptitude for working at heights.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme