Fall Arrest & Height Safety
This course will give you skills and knowledge to work safely at height outside of protected areas. You will gain the knowledge to use the right fall arrest set up to keep you safe in a range of working situations.
**Meets Worksafe NZ (formerly DoL) Best Practice Guidance Notes for Working at Heights.**
- Credit Value:8-11
- Location:Available nationally
- Method of Study:Two day short course for Fall Arrest and Height Safety
- Start Date:Multiple intakes per year
- Domestic Fee:Please see below
- Domestic Breakdown
- Types of harnesses and fall arrest systems
- Wearing and adjusting a harness
- Instruction in the correct installation and use of connectors, lanyards, knots and ropes
- Inspection and logging fall arrest equipment
- Planning and carrying out successful rescues
- Includes assessment and registration of credits for US:
- US 15757 Employ fall arrest systems on building and construction sites. Minimum requirement for working at heights - Worksafe NZ Best Practice Guidelines
- US 23229 Use a safety harness for fall prevention when working at height in a construction or related context
- US 17600 Explain safe work practices for working at heights
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5.
Note: Some courses within this programme require specific levels of physical ability and aptitude for working at heights.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme