This course provides people in the Building and Construction industries with the ability to assess and select suitable EWP and an understanding of legislative requirements.
It will provide the skills and knowledge to work safely and competently in setting up, daily maintenance and operation of various types of elevating work platforms on a construction or industrial site.
**Meets Worksafe NZ (formerly DoL) Best Practice Guidelines for Working at Heights.**
- Location:Courses are delivered nationally on-site or at one of our specialist training facilities.
- Method of Study:At least 1 day dependant on elective unit standards
Compulsory Unit Standards
- US 23966 Describe types of elevating work platforms (EWPs), and legislative requirements for their use
Elective Unit Standards
Additional Unit Standards can be added in this course including:
- US 23960 Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a scissor lift EWP
- US 23961 Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a truck mounted EWP
- US 23962 Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a self propelled boom lift EWP
- US 23963 Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a trailer mounted EWP
- US 23964 Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a vertical lift EWP
- US 23229 Use a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height
Meets Worksafe NZ (formerly DoL) Best Practice Guidance Notes for Working at Heights.
- Be 16 years of age or over.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5.
Note: Some courses within this programme require specific levels of physical ability and aptitude for working at heights.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme