Safe Lifting, Back Injury Prevention
This course has been designed for people who require knowledge & skills for back injury prevention and manual handling in the workplace.
Graduates will be able to identify the risk factors for occupational back injury; identify back care techniques; and identify work place control measures to reduce the risk of back injury.
- Level:2 & 3
- Credit Value:7
- Location:West Coast or by negotiation
- Total Duration:3 days
- Dates:Multiple intakes per year (please enquire)
These units will enable people to demonstrate knowledge of types of manual handling risks, describe injury risk reduction measures for manual handling, use safe manual handling practices with mechanical aids, and use safe manual handling practices without mechanical aids in the workplace.
Tai Poutini Polytechnic also provides more specialised training to suit individual industry and workplace needs.
- Unit 17459: Demonstrate and apply knowledge of safe handling practices in the workplace.
- Unit 17592: Identify the causes of back injury and methods to prevent back injuries in the workplace.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5.
- Special Entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.
- Some courses within this programme require specific levels of physical ability.