Wheels, Tracks and Rollers (Level 3)
This endorsement allows the bearer to drive a variety of specialised heavy vehicles on the road. If you do not have this endorsement, you are not legally allowed to drive a special heavy machinery type vehicle on the road.
- Credit Value:9
- Total Duration:1 day
- Dates:Enquire for more information
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$324
- NZQA Fee:$14
You will be able to safely check, move and demonstrate the range of functions of a wheeled loader, roller and hydraulic excavator as appropriate.
- Unit standard 16701: Demonstrate Knowledge of driving on a road for endorsement W (Wheels)
- Unit standard 16702: Demonstrate Knowledge of driving on a road for endorsement R (Roller)
- Unit standard 16703: Demonstrate Knowledge of driving on a road for endorsement T (Tracks)
- Class 1 drivers licence
- Must be able to provide evidence of six (6) months operating both excavators and wheeled loaders
- Attestation of previous experience from an employer which covers at least six (6) months operating both excavators and wheeled loaders.
- Completion of the pre-reading (Operator Safety Manual for Earthmoving Machinery) (this is sent to all accepted students prior to the start date).
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5.
Some courses within this programme require specific levels of physical ability.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme