Forklift (Level 3)
A forklift licence consists of two parts, the F endorsement and the OSH certificate.
- Entitles you to drive a forklift in an enclosed workplace. Expires every 3 years.
- Entitles you to drive a forklift in workplace, public, or on public roads and Is added to your licence and does not expire.
- Credit Value:2 - 9
- Location:Greymouth and Westport
- Dates:Enquire for more information
Getting a Forklift licence
A Forklift course is over one day and includes theory and practical components. You will have to study pre-learning material, pass a test on the theory and complete a practical assessment on a forklift. Additional practical forklift operation training is available.
You will be issued with a certificate for your forklift endorsement to put on your drivers licence you need to take your certificate to the licensing agency along with:
- Your drivers licence
- Proof of residency (bank statement, or bill of some sort, showing your address).
You will also be issued with a wallet card for the OSH component of the course which will have the expiry date on it recommending the refresher date. The following unit standards will be added to your record of learning once you have completed the approved course and unit standard assessments to competency standard.
The two unit standards you gain are:
- US 18496 Forklift Endorsement
- US 10851 OSH - Operate a powered industrial lift truck
For further information from the New Zealand Transport Authority check out this link
- Be 16 years of age or over.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5.
- No licence required.
- Full Class 1 drivers licence.
Note: Some courses within this programme require specific levels of physical ability.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme