This course provides people in the Building and Construction industries with the ability to assess and select suitable EWP and an understanding of legislative requirements.
You will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and competently use scissor lift and boom lift or truck mounted or trailer mounted or vertical lift elevating work platforms. You will also gain the skills and knowledge to work safely and competently in setting up, daily maintenance and operation of various types of elevating work platforms on a construction or industrial site.
**Meets Worksafe NZ (formerly DoL) Best Practice Guidelines for Working at Heights.**
- Credit Value:10
- Location:Greymouth, Westport, Christchurch and Auckland Campuses and approved temporary sites.
- Method of Study:One day practical short course
- Start Date:Multiple intakes per year
- Types of EWPs and legislative requirements for their use
- Assessing a site for and using both a scissor lift and a self-propelled boom lift EWP
- Carrying out operations with both a scissor lift & self-propelled boom lift EWP
- US 23960 Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a scissor lift EWP
- US 23962 Assess the worksite, prepare and operate a self propelled boom lift EWP
- US 23966 Describe types of elevating work platforms (EWPs), and legislative requirements for their use
Ask us about the following units that can be substituted for 23960 or 23962 as required:
- 23961 – assess the worksite, prepare and operate a truck-mounted EWP
- 23963 – assess the worksite, prepare and operate a trailer-mounted EWP
- 23964 – assess the worksite, prepare and operate a vertical lift EWP
Meets Worksafe NZ (formerly DoL) Best Practice Guidance Notes for Working at Heights.
- Be 16 years of age or over.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5.
- Relevant work experience is required in scaffolding, rigging, industrial rope access or other height work including EWP use.
- Must be physically fit and capable of working at height.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme