Give yourself a head-start on future study with Tai Poutini Polytechnic’s New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3). You’ll gain the skills you need to succeed as you prepare for your dream job.
Maybe you didn’t finish high school and you’re looking to get back to study, or you might just need some help to make sure you’re ready for a new training programme. Tai Poutini Polytechnic can help you learn how to manage your time, work as part of a team, communicate clearly, solve problems and gain the confidence to take on higher-level study. The programme is focused on what you want to achieve and you can chose a training or subject area to focus on so you’re ready for the next step.
If you want to get ahead of the game and prepare yourself for higher level study or be work ready , it makes sense to sign up for the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3).
Got a Question? Email us
- Credit Value:60
- Awards:NZ Certificate in Study and Career Preparation
- Method of Study:Full time
- Holiday Duration:2 weeks
- Teaching Duration:17 weeks
- Total Duration:19 weeks
- Start Date:February 2023 Greymouth, July 2023 Westport
- End Date:June 2023 Greymouth, December 2023 Westport
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$3,440
- To enable students to develop and apply a range of academic and self-management skills for tertiary study and career pathways
- To enable students to apply core concepts and skills required in a trades based career
- To enable students to complete basic projects in a trades environment
- To enable students to build on previously acquired skills and complete projects in a trades environment
Programme Structure and Workload
The programme balances blended learning and classroom-based theory with a range of practical learning contexts to assist students to achieve the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3).
Further Study Paths
This qualification is for people intending to pursue focused development in the skills, capabilities, knowledge and attributes needed to succeed at NZQF Level 3 or 4 or above, within the context of a field of study or career pathway.
- This programme has open entry.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet general or academic IELTS 5 with no band score lower than 5 or equivalent
- Special Entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.
Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet General or Academic IELTS 5 with no band score lower than 5 or NZQA-approved equivalent. Special Entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.