This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge to establish, operate and grow your small business. You will have the skills to do this in a bi- and multi-cultural environment.
Tai Poutini Polytechnic (TPP) is working with the Open Polytechnic of New Zealand Limited (OPNZ) to offer new training programmes to West Coast students. TPP can now help you enrol for online learning through OPNZ. As well as the fantastic support you’ll receive from OPNZ, you’ll also have access to face-to-face student support at TPP and all West Coast campus facilities. Partnerships like this are making it easier for West Coasters to access great tertiary training options right here at home.
- Credit Value:60
- Awards:New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4)
- Location:Delivered online with local support
- Method of Study:Delivered online with local support
- Total Duration:20 weeks
When you achieve this qualification, you will know how to:
- develop a business plan, and monitor your performance against plan
- manage staff
- manage your business's finances
- manage your marketing activities
- customer service
- build effective relationships with your customers and other stakeholders
- operate within the legal and regulatory environment
- grow your business.
Programme Structure and Workload
This programme comprises 3 compulsory courses;
- CSB401 Starting your Business
- CSB402 Operating your Business
- CSB403 Sustaining your Business
Allow 10 hours of study per credit. Your workload may be higher around assessment due dates
All courses are delivered online, so you will need to have regular access to a computer or device, a reliable broadband internet connection, and a data plan to be able to support your online learning. You will need to stream videos, download content and submit assessments online.
This qualification will enable you to improve the performance of your own small business.
- To enrol in this programme you need to have NCEA Level 2, or equivalent.
- If you are 20 years of age or over and do not hold the minimum entry requirements you will be eligible to be enrolled where your previous educational, work or life experience indicates you have a reasonable likelihood of success.
- International students must also have an IELTS (Academic or General) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0, or equivalent.
- Domestic students for whom English or Māori is not their first language must also have an IELTS (Academic or General) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0, or equivalent.
Sharing of student information
TPP is working with OPNZ to deliver more training options to people on the West Coast. The partnership involves OPNZ delivering programmes online, with students also having access to face-to-face support services and facilities at TPP’s West Coast campuses. As part of the partnership arrangement, OPNZ need to share student information and details with TPP to assist with providing students local support. This will include personal information provided at the time of enrolment and any ongoing or updated information.
The New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4) is delivered through OPNZ. Students will enrol with the Open Polytechnic and the programme is delivered through online learning. To enrol in the New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4) click here.