Are you looking for a qualification that will take you anywhere in the world and on an exciting career path?
The Business Administration and Technology Level 4 programme does just that. It is a sought-after qualification that prepares students for a wide range of administration jobs.
Over the course of study, students will gain insight into every facet of the administration world and will prepare you for jobs in customer service, administration, reception or other business and office-related roles.
Our team of knowledgeable tutors provide students with a range of technical and administrative skills, which will have them ready to tackle performance and productivity levels in any organisation.
Learning about the importance of team dynamics and complying with internal and external business policies and legislation, are among the key skills that students will gain on this course. Students thrive on the hands-on learning experience, which brings together like-minded people.
A simulated office environment is created, where business studies students learn how to operate basic payroll, finance and simple accounting, web design, advanced Word, Excel, database and many advanced software features. With passionate tutors, who offer industry experience and years of knowledge, the programme provides a supportive environment for tertiary success.
This programme is for prospective students who have some basic office administration skills and want to extend their skills further. Those wishing to build on material covered in Business Administration Level 3 are also well-suited to the programme.
- Credit Value:60
- Awards:NZ Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 4)
- Location:Greymouth and Westport
- Method of Study:Full time or part time
- Holiday Duration:2 weeks
- Teaching Duration:18 weeks
- Total Duration:20 weeks
- Start Date:15 February 2021 Greymouth and 26 July 2021 Greymouth and Westport
- End Date:2 July 2021 Greymouth and 10 December 2021 Greymouth and Westport
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$3,004
Topics covered include:
- Gain the knowledge and skills needed to select and apply appropriate business technology to deliver administration services that meet stakeholder and business entity requirements in a professional manner.
Specialist business documents
- Learn how to produce specialist and complex documents in a professional manner under broad guidance in a range of office (bi and multi-cultural) environments.
- By drawing on technical skills and practical experience, apply your knowledge of business applications to improve administrative processes and systems.
- Use and maintain administrative processes to deliver financial information, appropriate to team and business needs, in a professional manner.
Programme Structure and Workload
This is a 60 credit programme, divided into four 15 credit courses. Each course is compulsory and needs to be successfully completed in order to gain the New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 4).
Further Study Paths
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Project Management) (Level 5)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Accounting Support Services) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4)
Pathway into relevant industry certifications or other Level 4 or 5 qualifications.
Office administrators are at the heart of many organisations. They are the ones that hold the stitching together. They are the daily problem-solvers, with notable people skills and an eye for detail.
We send our graduates out into the world to make positive changes across all manner of workplaces and sectors.
Most graduates will go on to gain roles in general office administration, which may include a sole-charge role in a small business entity or senior receptionist.
Other roles include those in customer relations or as personal assistants, secretaries and lead administrators. Front line customer service roles, call or contact centre operators, office support workers, web administrator, service desk coordinator, receptionist or secretary office or personal assistant top off the career options available upon graduation.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students will be interviewed prior to enrolling on this programme. This enables staff to counsel students on intended workload, and familiarise them with the programme content and facilities.
- If the number of applicants is greater than the number of places on the programme, then applicants who meet the entry requirements are accepted in the order of submission.
- Students who have completed New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 3) or evidence of relevant study/work experience.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet General or Academic IELTS 5 with no band score lower than 5 or NZQA approved equivalent.