Hardship Fund for Learners
The Hardship Fund for Learners (HAFL) provides temporary financial assistance for currently enrolled tertiary learners who are facing hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The HAFL can be used to cover any basic living costs learners are unable to meet, including, but not limited to, food, utilities, rent or other unexpected expenses.
Learners can be supported by a direct cash payment into their bank account and/or direct purchase of resources on the learners’ behalf.
To be eligible the applicant must:
- Be a currently enrolled domestic student at Tai Poutini Polytechnic.
- Have a sufficient attendance record prior to COVID-19.
- Not be a Trades Academy, ITO, STAR, ACE or short course full fee paying student.
Students must also show they are suffering hardship:
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- That is interfering with their ability to progress with study.
To apply please:
- Complete this form and send to email@example.com, or drop into Reception at any of our campuses.
- Include any relevant evidence to support your application.
- Include evidence of your bank account number and name (e.g. screenshot from your banking app, recent bank statement).
Your application will be assessed by the HAFL committee and you will be notified of a decision within five working days of receipt of the application.
- You can find more information about the HAFL at https://www.tec.govt.nz/funding/funding-and-performance/funding/fund-finder/hardship-fund-for-learners/faqs-for-learners/
- For any other questions or assistance with your application please contact Jodie Knipe, our Student Services Co-Ordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.