Enhance your performance, writing and production skills, deepen your creative practice with advanced instrumental or vocal tuition, and develop your skills in critical thought through the lens of music. In your final year you’ll complete a supervised research project to add to your portfolio.
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Musical Arts you can be sure you’ll gain strong practical skills and a sound musical theory base from which to launch your career.
- Credit Value:360
- Awards:Bachelor of Musical Arts Level 7
- Method of Study:Full time (Part time options available)
- Holiday Duration:7 weeks
- Teaching Duration:34 weeks
- Total Duration:41 weeks per year
- Dates:February and July 2018
Year 1 $6,799*
Year 2 from $7,107*
Year 3 from $5,091*
- International Fee (2018):
Full fee breakdown click here
- Contextual Studies
- Creative Practice
- Music Interpretation and Improvisation
- Live Performance
- Audio and Sound Production
- Music Theory, Composition and Arrangement
- Song Writing
- Music Production
- Music History
- Research Project
- Contemporary Music Performance
- Electronic Music Production
- Audio Engineering and Music Production
Whichever pathway you choose to follow – Contemporary Music Performance or Electronic Music Production or Audio Engineering and Music Production – this programme will further develop your practical and theoretical knowledge in your chosen field.
Core elements include instrumental or vocal tuition, music theory, contemporary contextual studies, composition and arranging, improvisation, electronic music (including electronic music performance), sound and technology, and music production. Enhance your performance, writing and production skills, deepen your creative practice and develop your unique style, demonstrate the breadth of your music production and audio engineering skills. Develop your skills in critical thought through the lens of music.
The world’s your stage and you’re ready to find your place in the global music industry. Become a performer, musician, songwriter, composer, producer, audio engineer, music teacher or writer. Realise your potential.
- University Entrance or equivalent or recognition of Certificate in Contemporary Music Performance Level 4
- Applicant will be required to attend an audition
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 6 with no band lower than 5.5