Learn the functions and structure of a CDEM Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), the roles and responsibilities of staff in an EOC, and the CDEM EOC activation and deactivation procedures for an emergency. Act as a support staff member at a CDEM EOC.
- Credit Value:3
- Total Duration:1 day, 8:30am - 5pm (approx)
- Dates:Multiple intakes
Price on application. Possibly funded for Civil Defence volunteers
This course also includes:
- An overview of Civil Defence structures
- A review of emergency management legislation including the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Consideration of the 2016 amendments to the Civil Defence Emergency Management Act 2002
- An overview of the role and powers of a Civil Defence Controller
Pre Course Work
Some pre-course work is required and will be available on-line.
- US23696 - Demonstrate knowledge of and provide support at a CDEM emergency operations centre (EOC). Level 3, 3 credits
- US17279 - Demonstrate knowledge of the coordinated incident management system (CIMS) Level 2, 2 credits (available as a distance learning package)