*This programme is being re-developed and is subject to change in 2017
What does the business community want? They want people who have a broad range of skills including: the ability to meet production requirements, operate computers, use technology to their best advantage, provide customer service and, most importantly, show initiative and contribute to the overall goals of the organisation.
Each programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to meet the demands of the business community at an entry level. Our programmes provide flexibility to recognise and cater for diverse roles and positions in the Business Administration field.
Upon successful completion of the programme you will have excellent skills in a broad range of office duties that will enhance your career in the office environment or provide you with an excellent stepping stone to higher levels of study in this area.
On successful completion of the Level 4 programme you will receive a National Certificate in Business Administration.
Part time and full time options are available. Students can be accepted on individual programmes at any time of the year.
- Credit Value:60
- Awards:National Certificate
- Location:Greymouth, Westport
- Method of Study:Full time or Part time
- Holiday Duration:2 weeks
- Teaching Duration:18 weeks
- Total Duration:20 weeks
- Start Date:17 July 2017
- End Date:1 December 2017
- International Fee (2017):
Topics are based on unit standards for ease of study and include:
- accounting system and processes
- written business communication skills
- database creation and management
- text and word processing
- reception skills
- interpersonal skills
- keyboard accuracy and speed typing
- team work and group problem solving
- desktop publishing
Further Study Paths
New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology)
- Receptionist or Secretary
- Office or Personal Assistant
- Accounts or Wages Clerk
- Hospitality Administration
Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet a minimum of
- IELTS Level 5.0 Academic.
- Applicants will be required to attend an interview to discuss programme expectations and ensure suitability for the programme.
- Applicants who meet the entry criteria and are deemed suitable for the programme will be accepted on a first in first served basis.