Agriculture (Livestock Husbandry)
Develop your core livestock husbandry knowledge, skills and personal attributes required for specialising in either the dairy or meat and fibre sectors within the Agricultural industry.
- Credit Value:70
- Awards:New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Livestock Husbandry)
- Method of Study:Classroom theory and on farm practical
- Holiday Duration:2 weeks
- Teaching Duration:22 weeks
- Total Duration:24 weeks
- Start Date:12 June 2017
- End Date:10 November 2017
Free fees may apply, refer to www.tpp.ac.nz/freefees
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$3,500
- Student Service Fee:$58
- NZQA Fee:$111
The core elements are covered in the following categories, Assist with mating and parturition, Assist with prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of livestock health problems, Assist with the rearing of livestock
Programme Structure and Workload
The programme has a mixture of classroom theory and on farm practical work experience as well as work experience placement where appropriate.
Further Study Paths
Level 4 or higher studying within the Primary I.T.O. Lincoln University.
Agriculture contracting, Farm manager, Share milking, A.I Technician, Dry stock farming.
- Applicants must be over 16 years of age.
- Minimum of three years secondary school of completion of NCEA level 1 or 2.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5 or above. Special Entry may be granted where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.
Students can be enrolled in the above where evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme.