Youth Guarantee & Foundation Schemes
Youth Guarantee Scheme 2017
What is the Youth Guarantee Scheme?
The Youth Guarantee Scheme (YGS) is for young school leavers aged 16-19 years who want to move into tertiary study to gain a Level 1-3 qualification.** Students who meet the eligibility criteria may apply for a fees free place on selected programmes, with the aim of achieving a qualification.
Please note that priority will be given to students enrolling in a qualification that is a higher level than any qualification they already hold.
A student who meets the eligibility criteria may receive up to two years of YGS provision.
Youth Guarantee places are subject to availability.
Who is eligible?
You may apply for a YGS place if you:
- are a NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident
- have left school, and do not hold a qualification level 3 or higher
- are 16 to 19 years of age or; are 15 years of age at the time of commencing your study, and have an early leaving exemption from school
- are enrolling in either a 120 credit programme, or two programmes of at least 40 credits each, or studying at least 50% of a full-time, full-year enrolment
- have not already used 2 years of YGS funding.
YGS students under 18 years of age must agree not to apply for course related costs or the living cost component of a Student Loan. Students of any age can apply for a Student Allowance if they meet the StudyLink eligibility criteria.
YGS students are eligible for assistance with transport to attend their programme. At some campuses this may be through providing a transport service, while at others students may be able to claim the cost of their travel. Each student seeking assistance must complete a Travel Assistance Application Form.
How do I apply for a YGS place?
Complete the TPP enrolment form and the TPP YGS application form. You can still apply for a YGS place if you have already been accepted onto a programme.
For further information, please contact any of the following staff members:
ph | 03-769 9409
email | email@example.com
ph | 03-769 9441
email | firstname.lastname@example.org
ph | 03-789 5360
ph | 09-308 7525
email | email@example.com