The National Certificate in Intermediate Scaffolding (Level 4) recognises the skills of a Trade Certified Scaffolder, with greater technical abilities.
This is a 1-year programme delivered in block courses that will compliment the experience gained on the job.
- Credit Value:85
- Awards:National Certificate in Intermediate Scaffolding
- Location:Auckland, Napier and Nelson
- Method of Study:Block courses and workplace training
- Dates:11 September 2017 Auckland, 21 August 2017 Napier, 28 August 2017 Nelson
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$1,482
- NZQA Fee:$134
The holder of this qualification is able to plan, erect and dismantle complex scaffolding structures such as, birdcage scaffolds, vessels scaffolds, sloping platforms, catch fans & simple canterlevers. The holder can also assure the compliance of the structures and lead a scaffolding team.
Further Study Paths
Qualified scaffolders are sought after for a wide range of work including residential, commercial, industrial, event seating, petrochemical industry both on and offshore, film and theatre sets, and much more
- Applicants must be employed in the industry and have entered into a training agreement with their employer.
- The National Certificate in Scaffolding (Elementary) (Level 3), and the demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skills, is a prerequisite.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 or above.
Special Entry may be granted when evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme. Please contact the Polytechnic for details.
This course does not allow trainees to sign off scaffolds as ' Safe for Use ' (scaf tag) as this can only be done by SARNZ Scaffolding current Certificate of Competence (COC) of the appropriate class over 5m, or for under 5m a holder of non-notifiable scaffolding qualification or trained / competent person erecting scaffolding structures to manufacture's specifications , and good practice guidelines ,can inspect and certify 'Safe For Use'.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme