*This programme is being re-developed and is subject to change in 2017
The National Certificate in Advanced Scaffolding recognises the skills and knowledge required to work as a Specialist Scaffolder.
The term ‘advanced’ refers to the range of equipment used and the level of competence of the qualification holder.
This is a 1-year programme delivered in block courses that will reflect industry skills & knowledge gained in the industry.
- Credit Value:123
- Awards:National Certificate in Advanced Scaffolding
- Location:Auckland and Christchurch
- Method of Study:Block courses and workplace training
- Dates:25 September 2017 Christchurch, 24 October 2017 Auckland
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$1,814
- NZQA Fee:$194
Holders of the National Certificate with the Advanced Scaffolding strand are those whose work is in the planning and erection of ALL scaffolds to meet the highest demands found in the scaffolding industry. This is the highest level qualification available in this industry.
Qualified scaffolders are sought after for a wide range of work including residential, commercial, industrial, event seating, petrochemical industry both on and offshore, film and theatre sets, and much more.
- Applicants must be employed in the industry and have entered into a training agreement with their employer.
- The National Certificate in Intermediate Scaffolding (Level 4), and demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills, is a prerequisite
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 or above.
Special Entry may be granted when evidence exists that the applicant can successfully complete the programme. Please contact the Polytechnic for details.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme