This course is a Department of Labour approved course and is aimed at providing health and safety representatives with the skills and knowledge for the successful management of health and safety procedures in the workplace.
- Location:Available nationally
- Method of Study:Part time block courses with assessment completed in the workplace
Unit Standards in this Course Include
- US 497 Demonstrate knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements
- US 17602 Apply Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment Procedures in the Workplace
- US 19521 Explain the requirements of the Health and Safety in Employment (HSE) Act 1992
- US 20198 Identify the roles and responsibilities of the health and safety representative in the workplace
Worksafe NZ (formerly DoL) Approved Course
Further Study Paths
Tai Poutini Polytechnic offer additional short courses in health and safety that credit towards the National qualifications in occupational health and safety.
Upon successful completion of the H&S Representatives in the Workplace course participants will have completed 20 credits towards the achievement of the National Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (Workplace Safety) Level 3. A further two day Tai Poutini Polytechnic health & safety course and 8 credits from a wide range of industry fields will satisfy the requirements of the qualification.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5.