Focusing on truck stability and load safety, you'll be able to competently calculate regular loads, sling, lift and control regular loads for truck loader cranes.
Designed to cover the specific complexities of this type of crane, the programme will also cover the general load rigging skills learned in the Sling and Communicate “Rigger/Dogman” programme.
We understand the value of the machinery you will be commanding and will ensure you’re ready to safely and confidently control truck loader crane operations.
You’ll be able to:
- Calculate weights of regular loads
- Select and inspect lifting equipment
- prepare and plan lifts of regular load
- safely sling and lift different types of regular loads
- direct and control crane operations throughout the lift
- use the "constant talk method" of radio communication with crane operators
- use international hand signals
Like the rest of New Zealand’s construction industry, the crane business is booming. Skilled people are in high demand by businesses who know the value of having capable staff in command of multimillion-dollar machinery and loads. Take your career to the next level with Tai Poutini Polytechnic’s industry-recognised, quality-focused cranes training.
- Awards:Tai Poutini Polytechnic Short Award
- Location:Available nationally
- Method of Study:Part time
- Total Duration:5 week self-paced component followed by a 2 day block course
- Dates:Multiple intakes per year
- Domestic Breakdown
- Tuition Fee:$482
- NZQA Fee:$58
- US 16617 Use a truck loader crane to lift and place loads.
- Be 16 years of age or over.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) 5.5.
Note: Some courses within this programme require specific levels of physical ability.
This is a Safety Sensitive Programme