Tutor - Digger School
Permanent, full-time, Waikato
Finding it hard working outside in the winter weather? No longer wanting to work weekends? Is it getting harder on your body doing physically demanding work day in and day out? Are you ready for a career lifestyle change?
Tai Poutini Polytechnic is looking for a full-time Digger School Tutor to pass on their expertise and knowledge to students who want to enter or are currently working in the construction industry.
Step into the classroom for a Monday to Friday working week where you can enjoy passing on your knowledge and skills to the next generation.
What’s essential to have before you can apply?
- At least two years’ current construction/infrastructure industry experience
- A relevant professional/vocational qualification in Wheels, Tracks and Rollers
Don’t have any teaching experience?
- Full training and support to achieve and succeed as a tutor can be provided.
- Want to learn how to work with young people and adults in a tertiary learning environment?
- If you have experience supervising onsite and training others on the job then tell us!
Other things we are looking for:
- at least two years’ experience with building and maintaining effective collaborative networks among industry and other providers
- great motivational skills
- good communication skills
- demonstrated ability to self-manage, adapt to change, and cope well under pressure
- hold or be prepared to work towards a minimum teaching qualification, such as a National Certificate in Adult Education and Training (Level 5) or equivalent
Tai Poutini Polytechnic provides access to a wide variety of innovative, quality industry approved training programmes on the West Coast, Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch. Our vision is to provide employable graduates who are ready to work in a diverse and changing global economy. We have a proud history of delivering world class industry training to our students, who, once qualified, are sought after for a wide range of work in the construction and building industry.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team!
For further details, contact HR on email@example.com
Applications are reviewed as they are received so get in quick!
Closing Date:Monday 2 October 2017, 12pm
Contact:Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org;