Finding it hard working outside in the winter weather? No longer wanting to work weekends? Is it getting harder on your body doing physically demanding work day in and day out? Are you ready for a career lifestyle change? Step into the classroom for a Monday to Friday working week, where you can make a difference every day, and enjoy passing on your knowledge and skills to the next generation.
Based in Wellington and reporting to the Operations Manager South, we have a unique opportunity for a qualified, experienced Scaffolder to make the shift from being on-the-tools to passing on their knowledge and skills to the next generation of Scaffolders. We’ll provide you with full training and support to succeed as a tutor.
What’s essential to have before you can apply?
- at least two years of industry experience in Scaffolding, including specialist skills in fall arrest and confined space
- a New Zealand or internationally-recognised trade qualification
- sound current knowledge of industry best practice and health and safety requirements
- a willingness to obtain a certificate in adult learning (or equivalent) if you don't already have one
Don’t have any teaching experience?
- Full training and support to achieve and succeed as a tutor can be provided.
- Want to learn how to work with young people and adults in a tertiary learning environment?
- If you have experience supervising on-site and training others on the job then tell us!
Other things we are looking for:
- great motivational skills
- good communication skills
- demonstrated ability to self-manage, adapt to change and cope well under pressure
About the job
- delivering a range of scaffolding programmes to students from various backgrounds and education levels
- assessing and providing feedback to students
- preparation of course materials
- undertaking quality student assessments where required
About Tai Poutini Polytechnic
Tai Poutini Polytechnic provides access to a wide variety of innovative, quality industry approved training programmes on the West Coast, Wanaka, Auckland and Christchurch. Our vision is to provide employable graduates who are ready to work in a diverse and changing global economy. We have a proud history of delivering world class industry training to our students, who, once qualified, are sought after for a wide range of work including residential, commercial and industrial.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to join our team, we want to hear from you.
This is your chance to make a difference in the lives of our students and be a positive role model for the next generation of tradespeople.
Applications reviewed as they are received so be in quick!
Closing Date:Monday 2 October 2017 12pm
Contact:Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org; 03 769 9612